[WONTFIX] AutoDesk 3ds Max XYZ Axis mix?

photo

Hello Everyone

Simple reconstruction Scenario for my Problem:

- Start Ressource Editor

- Load Agent SMESH

- Load "Animation only" flagged a .SANIM file for an animation

..everything displays fine.

now:

- Import this .SANIM file in 3ds Max (in my case 2010 x64)

- Without touching anything, export it as animation frames (tried World, center etc. align - all same result)

- load animation again in Ressource Editor

--> Broken

I then just loaded the animation from unigine and looked at the bones ("bones" checkbox checked in Ressource Editor)

- loaded shipped animation

- imported and exportet in 3ds max again

- loaded again in Ressource Editor

---> Bones are Flipped. NOT all, but for Example "agent_idle_ready_pistol_torso.sanim" the Spine and some others are flipped, but not the Hands etc.

Also, the "min, max, center" don't match exatly.. how it comes? I export with precision 6 and use unit scales and export 1:1 like it should be.

Can someone help me?

i tried old plugins and the newest from the end of december release -> same result.

I attached an image with all important stuff above painted in circles.

Second image is the "broken" result.

Thank you very much in advance

Pascal

post-56-0-66747500-1357706921_thumb.jpg

post-56-0-08163300-1357707106_thumb.jpg

Pascal: i read in one topic here, that you cannot import .sanim to the 3ds max, because it will broke orientation of bones.

Also i found same problem when i try export .sanim from the 3ds max 2010 32-bit and load to the .smesh that i export from different .max file.

I resolve partially that i export animations from MeshViewer, so for bones from same .max file it work fine (i think), but when i try load .sanim to another .smesh with same skeleton (same bones, but different source), i get same result as Pascal.

Do you know why this happen or how i can export .sanim that can use universaly for any .smesh file with same skeleton?

I use this topic because it is very similar problem that i have.

Yea bu my problem is not different SMESH file as the SANIM is from. I use Unigine SMESH from agent and UNIGINE SANIM from Agent. All i do is IMPORT in 3ds max and EXPORT again. Same size, same bones, hierarchy works, but just pelvis and some other bones are flipped.

hm.

Maybe the new COLLADA-Plugin could be extended to provide some write-capability for *.DAE mesh and animation export. This could than be used for re-import into 3Dmax and other animation packages.   

Pascal, currently import of animation into 3ds Max is not supported, sorry. Skinned mesh animations are intended for export only.

okay. thanks for the reply !

..will play a bit around with our character then, which we have modell as .max.

Could you provide Agent Bipet for Max? So we could test with our character without having to care about bone names / can use unigine predefined animation tree

Also i found same problem when i try export .sanim from the 3ds max 2010 32-bit and load to the .smesh that i export from different .max file.

I resolve partially that i export animations from MeshViewer, so for bones from same .max file it work fine (i think), but when i try load .sanim to another .smesh with same skeleton (same bones, but different source), i get same result as Pascal.

Honya,

Problem has been reproduced and added to the bug list, but really can't promise our devs will look into this issue any time soon. Too focused on other issues and suggestions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pascal, to be honest it's no quite clear to me what for you need Agent Max files if you have your own assets.

Ulf, for now such export functionality is not planned for Collada. Instead, we've added a FBX plugin (but also without an export option, only import :)

Pascal, to be honest it's no quite clear to me what for you need Agent Max files if you have your own assets.

Ulf, for now such export functionality is not planned for Collada. Instead, we've added a FBX plugin (but also without an export option, only import :)

i don't need agent manguste.

i asked for the agent bipet -> Bones / with the bone names, so we can make tests with our characters with the unigine animation tree instead having to create a new animation tree with our bones.

but no problem it's not that important for now. Cheers

• 4 months later...

Honya,

Problem has been reproduced and added to the bug list, but really can't promise our devs will look into this issue any time soon. Too focused on other issues and suggestions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

when it will be fixed?

I want to start convert animations to unigine formats and check if it was sucessfull convert on ours models, but this blocking it.

Honya

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Frustum,

1) Open HERO_horseman_fix_bones_anim_2010.max in Autodesk 3ds Max 2010

2) Set M_fire_ball_spell.bip on model

3) Select model and export as Mesh Skinned - picture UO0093.jpeg - test.smesh

4) Open exported .smesh file in Unigine Resource Editor

5) Set animation frame from 0 to 74 and save as .sanim file with animation only - picture UO0094.jpeg - test.sanim

6) Put twice test.smesh file to world

7) Set Speed of animation to 25 on both model

8) Load animation test.sanim to one

9) Push Play button on both

10) You can see as on UO0092.jpeg (for time 45), when the left model have load animation from file, right play animation stored in model

The arms are deformed, i can found some other .bip files, that do another deformation on model.

You don't worry about the mount, that is expectation.

Data: anim.rar

Honya

• 4 weeks later...
pascal.winistoerfer, honya,

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I can't imagine for what reason you need this export-import-export functionality.

You've lost your animation source assets and now you want to restore them?

Or you just want to have sources of our animation examples? I think I can provide these source files, but I really didn't see much profit from that. You should always build your own skeletons with custom skinner blend trees, which will fit your own project requirements.

honya

Regarding your example scene - you haven't included Bip01_R_Forearm and Bip01_L_Forearm bones into your skin, so their child bones exported as a separate objects without any parents (animations for them baked in world space). You will have problems with that when you'll use blending between multiple animations.

All bones involved in animation (with respect to their hierarchy) should be included in the Skin modifier at least with zero weights.

For example, you must not export forearm and finger animation without including intermediate palm bone into your skin.