[SOLVED] Nvidia Surround mode

photo

Is it possible to run the App3DSurround plugin without stereo mode enabled? I have a 3 monitor nvidia surround setup working, but I don't want the stereo mode enabled. I didn't see anything in the documentation that allows me to disable stereo mode. I guess I could use AppWall, but it seems like that will be slower.

Thanks!

Hi manguste,

When I tried skipping the extern_define option, it only rendered on the center monitor with a bright red tint. The left and right monitors remained a black-red color. Maybe there is something else I can try? I'll give AppWall a try later today and see if it works better. Thanks for your help!

Edit-

I tested out AppWall, works fine except SLI mode doesn't fully work. The SLI indicator shows, but the activity bar is flat :). If we can't figure out a solution for 3d Surround we might change to AMD chips and use Eyefinity. Its not a huge problem right now though.

AppWall is just a bit slower than Eyefinity. If this is the only reason for you to change to AMD chips, then there wont't be much profit from performance point of view. AppWall is designed to work on multiple monitors and does it well. The only thing is that, indeed, it does not support SLI mode on NVIDIA cards.

BTW, if you want to stick to NVIDIA cards, you can use Geforce GTX 680 that allows for a triple monitor configuration.