[SOLVED] Scaling character problem.

photo

Hello .

I use 3ds max to create high quality characters. The problem is that when i import them in unigine they are huge.

So there are 2 solutions.

1) scale them down in 3ds max.

2) use scale(x,y,z) in every update method in unigine.

I prefer the first method but when i impot the scaled down models in unigine this is the result:

post-624-0-57261100-1343229797_thumb.png

There is a problem in second method too. In every character i use:

obstacle = new ObstacleSphere(1);

object.addChild(obstacle);

route = new PathRoute(object_radius);

route.setExcludeObstacles((obstacle));

The problem here is that the characters dont collide. When i print the radius of the obstacle in update method i still get result 1.

What can i do to fix any of these problems ?

Thank you for your time.

It seems something is wrong with export settings. Could you provide a screenshot with your exporter so we can check them? Or even better, sending a mesh is an option, so we can test it at once.

P.S. This is a Minecraft-version of the girl :)

• 2 weeks later...
Here is alyson.

Ok, thank you, will have a look at that.

There is a problem in second method too. In every character i use:

obstacle = new ObstacleSphere(1);

object.addChild(obstacle);

route = new PathRoute(object_radius);

route.setExcludeObstacles((obstacle));

The problem here is that the characters dont collide. When i print the radius of the obstacle in update method i still get result 1.

Do you find 2D routes? You can be simply out of the obstacle radius when finding a path (i.e. make sure that the obstacle centre is on the same line as the plane for your pathfinding). If it is the case, creating ObstacleCapsule with big height helps.

If not, please send us a minimal test scene for reproduction.

Hello.

The routes are calculated normally.

The problem appears only when i scale down the model.

It probably scales down the obstacle too cause it is object's child.

thnx.

Based on numerous posts in regard to scaling simple rule for UNIGINE animated geometry and all kinds of physics: DO NOT use in-engine node scaling, as this will cause all kinds of troubles ! ALWAYS export your models pre-scaled within your modelling environment and leave Unigine node scaling to (1/1/1). In-engine scaling for static mesh geometry (only acting as colliders in physics) on the other hand seems to be unproblematic.

Sometimes due to weak regional settings handling in exporter plugin models appear scaled 2.54 times up while bones are converted as is or vice-versa. I didn't found a way to solve it with scene or computer settings so I was forced to write a convertor app that opens .smesh file and scales model or bones. Weird.

Hi George,

That 'minecraftization' is because of scale and plugin auto-weld feature. Export plugin will automatically weld vertices if they are close enough. Please try to tune 'Precision' parameter. I think that 8 or 10 should be enough.

Also, you can use 'Scale' parameter, so it's not necessary to scale your model in scene.