[SOLVED] Scattering on mesh

photo

World Clutter при расстановке объектов использует начало координат объекта, в случае с mesh - используется pivot - соответственно. покрыть всю поверхность невозможно. объекты распространяются только из центра координат родителя.

У terrain начало координат в углу, поэтому он засеивается весь. как быть с сеткой?

пример - есть сфера, на всей поверхности которой нужно разместить, например, кубики - с помощью world clutter - как это сделать?

World Clutter by placing objects is the origin of the object, in the case of the mesh - used pivot -, respectively. cover the entire surface is impossible. facilities subject only to the center of the coordinate parent.

In terrain origin in the corner, so he lay down all over. what to do with the mesh?

example - is a sphere, on the whole surface of which must be placed, for example, cubes - with world clutter - how to do it?

In the new SDK that will be available in a couple of days there should be no problems with that. Our developers are working on it right now. You will only need to offset the position of the World clutter and set Angle to 0.

• 1 month later...

изменилось только распространение объектов относительно pivot , но по прежнему невозможно использовать всю поверхность

• Like 1

как покрыть объект полностью? нужна возможность использовать отрицательное значение угла.

how to cover the object completely? need to be able to use the negative angle.

Try using 2 half-spheres (upper/lower sides). With one sphere it will most probably not work because intersection testing for WorldClutter can only handle a single (in your case upper side) object intersection.

WorldClutter (like ObjectGrass) has been designed for more-or-less planar (single intersection solution) parent meshes (e.g. terrain). It uses randomly generated X-Y position for object population. For a generated specific X-Y position the Z-coordinate will be calculated via vertical intersection testing with parent mesh geometry. In case of your sphere for each X-Y position there will be 2 intersections, but WorldClutter calculates only 1 intersection. Therefore your lower sphere half remains "empty". Dividing the sphere into 2 separate sphere halfs each with its own child WorldClutter object might be a work-around for your problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Isnt there a work around to get this to work only for the bottom half of my cave without having to split it up in 2 parts?

I just tried to add a clutter node but as soon as I make it a parent of the cave and turn on intersection nothing happens, the rocks in the node dissapear completely

Would be ideal if the clutter node would get the option to check intersection from +Z or -Z in Unigine, this way it would project from bottom or top so instead of using a split sphere or cave you could use 1 Mesh with 2 different clutter masks, I dont even know if that is possible but would be great if it was

• Like 1