Terrain Texture Transform

photo

Hello,

I have a static mesh using a mesh_terrain_base material.

I've assigned a diffuse texture that I would like to tile.

According to the documentation, setting the Parameters>base_transform

vec4(10, 10, 0, 0)

Should improve the tiling scale.

It seems to be working, however, along the edges of the mesh, I get some unusual behavior as shown in the included screenshot.post-36-0-63416900-1318450633_thumb.png

Just a blind guest, but maybe related to texcoord uv half precision limit, as this also causes irregular texture stretching artifacts. See https://developer.un..._1589#entry1589

In case of PC platform try setting console variable render_use_vertex_float to 1 which should also force internal usage of float precision uv texcoords. Maybe this will solve the problem.

In case of meshes of average size it works fine. As far as I understand, your mesh is really huge, hence the precision problem. You can try cutting the mesh into several pieces and then set every piece in the center of UV coordinates. Just to be sure, you can also check if UV coordinates in the current mesh are OK.

I tried setting console variable, but had no effect.

I have 2 detail textures now, and I noticed that the problem does not occur for the detail1, but does occur for detail2.

Attached shows how the grass texture has the problem, but the sand texture does not.

I've attached the assets needed to reproduce this.

Since the problem only occurs for one of the detail textures, it would lead me to believe that the problem is unlikely to be a precision problem.

EDIT: actually, I finally updated to the 10-05 SDK from the 08-12 SDK, and the problem is now gone.

post-36-0-10579700-1318876778_thumb.jpg

bug.zip