[SOLVED] Animation different after import

photo

Hello everyone,

I have made a few Animated Characters that I want to use in Unigine. I made them using Character Creator and Blender and now want to import them with LODs and Animations into Unigine. This normally works as expected without much issues, but I have now noticed a Problem with the Animations inside Unigine.

The Mesh of the Character looks normal but as soon as I load the animation on it, it slightly breaks the model. It feels like some bones on the Rig are slightly offset.

I am pretty sure that it is an issue with Unigine since the Animation looks normal inside Blender and the fbx preview.

Here an example, Both are in the first frame of their idle animation. It looks normal in Blender, but in Unigine the eye slightly moves outside of the head and the mouth also slightly opens.

character_blender.thumb.png.f7650c89dbfa8cc105ecf67578791539.pngcharacter_unigine.png.9a2a816d271f4fb7b014c7e2afa849b3.png

I have no idea what causes this, I tried different ways of importing the character but nothing worked so far.

I am working with Unigine 2.18.0.1 if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @tommate,

I've checked your scene and everything seems fine so far, can't say there are issues with either eyes or jaw.

test_anim_shot.jpg

Please make sure to follow the recommended exporting pipeline. Here I used Blender 4.0.2 to export fbx to Unigine 2.18.0.1, you can take a look at the sample in the attached package with your assets.

The only issue I've found was in your animations within Blender project, there were missing bone animation curves but it shouldn't have anything to do with the topic.

test_anim.upackage

Strange, I will take a look again and see If the Problem still arises with other export settings.
It could also be a Problem with Blender, I used 3.3.1 and not 4.0.2, maybe the issue lies there.

It works now!

Yea it was an export setting in Blender that wasn't correct. I forgot the set "Apply Scaling" to "FBX Units Scale".

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Animation different after import