BSOD when writing .basemat

photo
Go to solution Solved by arizmenda,

I've been writing custom post shaders creating basemat's and then adding them to the Render->Custom Post Materials.Usually i have a text editor with the basemat opened in it,and the editor opened in the background.I make changes in the basemat then focus back to the editor to see the changes when the editor reloads the basemat(doesnt matter if the basemat has error in code or not),this is when the chance of a bsod will occur its about a 50/50 shot of it crashing or not.I could probably not go more then a hour max without a bsod when building post shaders,about 99% of the time it crashes its a bsod and maybe 1% of the time it crashes the editor crashes only.

Most of the time the bsod error code is "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED",Unigine is the only program i've gotten any bsod with i assume its a bug.

• Solution

Hi, ryax20a!

We can't reproduce bsod failure so far. Can you, please, give us some information about your environment? Specifically, what SDK version and OS you are using?

To be sure it is an engine problem we might also need system configuration and your .basemat material. To provide helpful info you can use dxdiag tool:

To do that press Win+R -> dxdiag -> Save All Information and attach DxDiag.txt file and .basemat file to your reply.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Iam using Sdk 2.18,and Win 10 Pro  Version 22H2.It looks to be a driver issue i looked at the memory dump file and the nvlddmkm driver is trying to read memory outside the range.Im going to contact nvidia and see what they think.

Thanks

• Like 1