question about core/scripts/time.h

photo

I've found there is a powerful script under core/script/time.h, which can do exactly what I want to implement: set sun direction from time, lat/long, but I have a question.

the value of latitude and longitude, how to present the north/south latitude, and west/east longitude? because most gps software using (lat N/S) or (lon W/E) to represent the exact position.

I don't know how to set the north lat or south lat. :blink: also the same problem with west/east longitude

the value of latitude and longitude, how to present the north/south latitude, and west/east longitude? because most gps software using (lat N/S) or (lon W/E) to represent the exact position.

latitude N positive values in degrees 0...+90

latitude S negative values in degrees 0...-90

longitude E positive values in degrees 0...+180

longitude W negative values in degrees 0...-180

after some test, ulf, you made a mistake

latitude N should be 0...-90,

S should be 0...90, that's a correct result.

Thanks for the info, but if so, I would call it a bug. In geodetics northern latitude is alway positive, while southern latitude is always negative.

• 2 months later...

after some test, ulf, you made a mistake

latitude N should be 0...-90,

S should be 0...90, that's a correct result.

Hi Steve, I am happy, that you have found the real cause of your latitude inversion and North direction on mother earth is still +. At least now I fully understand why your live "Down Under" :)

Finally I found this, because we only use softimage, as far as I know there is only a few people here use it

Now I have fixed the export plugin , haven't test it yet, I will test it on Monday, and I will tell you the result

well, I have to say, the result ever more worse... neither neg long nor neg lati was right.

But I did more test, I export meshes from XSI to max, from the top view, the content in xsi and max are exactly same. then Export both content and import those into unigine, they are perfectly match the scene.

So the export plugin for softimage DID wrong transfromation.