SDK Browser Bugs

photo

I'm using the SDK browser 2.0.12 (build11845).

I am having issues when upgrading a 2.17 project to 2.18.  Once I installed the 2.18 SDK, all my 2.17 projects show a yellow "upgrade" button on them.  When I run the upgrade everything seems to work fine, but afterward when I click "Open Editor" on my project it doesn't do anything.  Same thing with "Run", it simply doesn't do anything.

I can create a new 2.18 project and that runs fine, but the 2.17->2.18 upgraded project does not run.

Additionally, it seems the 2.18 SDK randomly disappears from my SDK list, as if it decided to uninstall itself.  It's hard to reproduce when this happens.  Sometimes it happens on-load of the SDK Browser, and sometimes after I've deleted a project from the browser.  Reinstalling 2.18 SDK allows me to run my "new" project again, but not the "upgraded" project.

Hi TanukiDigital,

Could you please attach SDK Browser logs after upgrading and running upgraded project. Logs can be found at "C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Unigine\browser" for windows, or at "~/.config/unigine/browser/" for linux

Below is my latest log.  I opened the browser, and again it had removed version 2.18.  So i reinstalled, then tried running my upgraded project "Unigine_Project_2".  Nothing happened, so I closed the browser.

browser_0.log

The problem with launching of a project might be caused by binaries missing or missmatched, the binaries are stored in project folder, so reinstalling SDK won't fix the project. Could you please attach SDK Browser logs after upgrading project from 2.17 to 2.18 or after changing 2.18 project configuration.

Regarding the issue when 2.18 is missing after browser restart, there's no suspicius info in browser log, so we will continue investigating on our side

OK, I recopied my project from 2.17 and went through the upgrade process again.  This time it worked, upgrade went through and I was able to open it in the 2.18 editor.  I had tried the same exact steps multiple times yesterday, so I'm not sure what was different today.

These are the exact steps I went through...

1. Made a new 2.17 project in the browser.

2. Copied data folder from old 2.17 project to new 2.17 project.  Then opened it in 2.17 editor.

3. Closed Editor and closed Browser.

----

4. Opened Browser.  2.18 SDK had disappeared again.  Reinstalled 2.18 SDK.  Then upgraded new 2.17 project to 2.18.

5. Ran new 2.18 project in editor.  It opened up as expected.

6. Saved project. Closed Editor and closed Browser.

----

7. Opened Browser.  2.18 SDK had disappeared again.  Reinstalled 2.18.  Deleted miscellaneous old project.

8. Ran upgraded 2.18 project.  Opened in Editor fine.  Closed project and closed Browser.

Below are two browser logs... "browser_0_success.log" is steps 4, 5, and 6 above.  "browser_0_sdk_missing.log" is steps 7 and 8 above.

One of the only differences compared to yesterday is that I upgraded my project immediately after installing the 2.18 SDK with no other steps in between.  The SDK going missing is extremely annoying and is happening now every time I start the browser.  I'm going to download the 2.18 SDK directly and manually add it to the brwser and see if that makes a difference.

browser_0_success.log browser_0_sdk_missing.log

Update:  After downloading the 2.18 SDK to my hard drive and manually installing it into the browser I no longer have any issues with it disappearing.  Perhaps there was a bug with the auto-installer, or perhaps there was some path issue on my end, I'm not sure.  But all seems to be working now.

• Thanks 1