Sandworm Road gaps

photo

Hi All,

I am trying to create roads in sandworm using an SHP file and the road mesh from the sample assets, but the roads are inconsistently broken around corners. I have been able to get some of the mesh to connect around a corner, but it is not a common occurrence. 

The demo videos show that 'split segments' produces tesselated mesh (with curves), which would be ideal but not essential for my purposes.

Has anyone been able to successfully get this to work?image.thumb.jpeg.bb20b064fca041f8a38d1a140bb2ed70.jpeg

Hello!

22 hours ago, david.todd said:

Hi All,

I am trying to create roads in sandworm using an SHP file and the road mesh from the sample assets, but the roads are inconsistently broken around corners. I have been able to get some of the mesh to connect around a corner, but it is not a common occurrence. 

The demo videos show that 'split segments' produces tesselated mesh (with curves), which would be ideal but not essential for my purposes.

Has anyone been able to successfully get this to work?

Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust this behavior within the Sandworm Tool itself to make those gaps smoother or less visible. Currently, linear objects such as rivers and roads (as well as junctions, which are not yet supported) can only be generated using decals. Decals use the meshes "as is" without applying any vertex modifications on the engine side to stitch them together and prevent these kinds of effects. So, if vector data contains any incorrect connections, such as gaps, they will remain exactly the same after generation.

For now the only solution is to export the mesh and fix it using third-party software such as Blender or a similar tool. This involves connecting vertices and replacing the original mesh with the corrected one. Another option is to fix the vector data itself.

We are aware of this issue and are actively working to find a solution to address such cases in future SDK releases.

Thanks!

vectordata.png