[SOLVED] Migration problems from VS2019 to VS2022

photo

Hey,

we are currently trying to migrate our project (built on UNG 2.16.1) from VS2019 to VS2022. While the app was still able to open the landscapes (databases) we use in VS2019, it is not able to in VS2022. But only for the two biggest ones...

Yet it works with a workstation that is much more powerful.

HW Config of the laptop:

Proc: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1145G7 @ 2.60GHz   1.50 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable) Speed: 3200Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 (EXTERNAL)

HW Config of the workstation:

Proc: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900KF   3.20 GHz

RAM: 64,0 GB (63,8 GB usable) Speed: 5600Mhz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (INTERNAL)

Additional information:

Adding Unigine_double_x64d.pdb from the project/bin folder does not work --> "a matching symbol file was not found in this folder" (none of the proposed solutions worked)

ucrtbase.dll is not corrupted --> already checked with sfc /scannow https://www.partitionwizard.com/disk-recovery/ucrtbase-dll.html

stack_marignane_database.thumb.png.d527a0c89a562b3b9fd440e5837eee86.pngstack_bavarian_database.png.42cda21d2ce5f6702382019b1cd3638d.png

Edited by Goetz.Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Unfortunately, based on provided information it's currently not possible to get any useful feedback.

I'm afraid I should ask a sample reproduction project with it's sources so we can build it and run on our test stand with VS2022 in order to get the proper debugging process. Maybe there is a bug in new C++ compiler that somehow affects final application behavior.

Have you tried to specify correct path for Unigine*.pdb files so the callstack will become readable? Or maybe you already tried to comment and log some suspicions lines of code in your application to understand which exact line is causing this crash?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

In fact transferring data is not that simple.. as usual.
Would it be possible from your side to test debugging with vs2022 an app with large landscape, e.g. Mars demo maybe?
But the issue could be more complicated than it looks, e.g. OS specific configuration, antivirus interfering vs2022 in different way than vs2019..

Regards,
Charles

As far as I know, some developers are already using this IDE, and no criminal activity has been detected. 

We will definitely test all of our projects with VS 2022, but that process may take some time. Unfortunately, without access to the specific code paths that you are using in your application, we won't be able to reproduce the exact same issue.

Would it be possible from your side to test debugging with vs2022 an app with large landscape, e.g. Mars demo maybe?

Do you actually have the same behavior in the Mars demo after rebuilding it in VS2022?

Also if you will switch to the v140 or v141 toolset inside project settings - will be there any changes in behavior?

image.png

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 months later...

Hey,

ticket can be marked as resolved. Seems to be a problem with our HW since it works on every configuration except one specific laptop.

Kind regards,

Benjamin

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Migration problems from VS2019 to VS2022