how to make an Asset pack Addon

photo

before I start, I do understand its a very broad question and I'll understand if you don't want to answer.

So I have an asset pack that I sell and when I heard Unigine is working on a store I thought to publish it here as well. but I do not understand all the details from the documentation here https://store.unigine.com/documentation/preparing_addon_packages/  . My product is a simple 3d model asset pack . And I do not understand all the mental gymnastics of going through this whole process , maybe its nothing and I'm exaggerating because I didn't have to do this anywhere else. If someone could help me with maybe a 1 minute video of all the important stuff I have to do , OR EVEN write a small instruction manual for just my use-case where there is NO CODE no dependencies , just good old plain 3d models. I would highly appreciate this and probably other people who are facing the same problem as well.

Thank you

anurag

Thanks for the feedback!

More guides and video tutorials will definitely be available later, once the publishing interface becomes more stable. I hope that there will be simplified versions for content-only addons.

Currently, only free add-ons can be published. Therefore, if you want to earn money, you will have to wait a bit. A separate announcement will be posted when this feature is ready.

We also do not support the publishing of raw model packs (e.g., packs that only contain raw models without any UNIGINE objects). Our goal is to collect in one place UNIGINE-ready assets that end-users can easily drag-and-drop into the UNIGINE Editor and start working with in their projects. For that task basic UNIGINE knowledge is required - you should be able to import files, adjust materials, rename objects inside UNIGINE Editor and finally should be able to export them as upackage.

The basic guide is available here:

Just set "Source Code" to "No code" when publishing, and you will be fine.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I completely understand the part or need to turn raw models into Unigine objects but there was also a lot of information that I assume was for plugin creators that I did not understand or was able to distinguish for my use-case. I already saw that only free addons are allowed currently and I am just trying out the feature right now by testing some stuff just to familiarize myself with the interface.

Thank you for your quick response @silent