[SOLVED] 2.17 crash after 2.16.1 migration

photo

I've just checked, can't set that via bios settings unfortunately. Only way would be to dismantle physically the beast and remove one cpu+fans which I obviously don't want to atm :)

bingo (was a bit long as test since switching to a mono 8 cpu configuration made everything fall over slow-mo world)

shadows are back

shadows_ok_mono_proc.thumb.jpg.3462c2725f15b99575f3b1b7b9d6dc6d.jpg

and no crash when running the project "A".

So now the 1million question, is it safe to wait for a fix to run 2.17 on dual processors machine ?

We are currently trying to replicate similar hardware config and after that we would need to reproduce crash.

We already have a small clue with a disappearing shadows, so we begin with it and see how it goes.

Unfortunately, right now I can't say how many time will be required to acquire and build similar hw config, but once it will be finished I think it shouldn't take long to isolate this problem.

More likely this issue will be addressed in 2.17.1 release (not in the upcoming hotifx).

If you also have some time to play with a newly created world on dual Xeon - you can try to check what's required to get a crash. Maybe adding terrain and grass will be enough :)

Thank you for your help!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

ok you're welcome (for the help)  :)

I'll make a sandbox world and add things till it become crashy on dual Xeons.

In the mean time, I'll switch world 2.17 production over the mono cpu A6000 rig.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

FIXED with latest 2.17.0.1 hotfix.

I confirm both missing shadows and crash on dual cpu configuration is fixed. Everything works as expected in my test world.shadows_and_crash_corected_2_17.0.1.thumb.jpg.10afe49a1a70719eb94b7a8378b2474a.jpg

Thanks !

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] 2.17 crash after 2.16.1 migration