[SOLVED] FBX texture does not shown correctly in Unigine Editor

photo

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to import fbx file into Unigine Editor and not possible to display correctly some of the parts in the fbx file.
Within other tool(Blender), the it seems shown correctly and seen light black texture but if import into Unigine Editor, this texture become transparent.

Please tell me what kind of point  should I check.

Hello!

@Hiroki Could you provide more details on what seems to be wrong? It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide us with some screenshots for a side-by-side comparison.

Thanks!

As you can see, the inside of car parts are transparent in Unigine Editor

image.png.44df416e8f7e9d2f6958597346fa06da.png

In another tool, these part are not being transparent as followings.

image.png

Hi Hiroki, 

Have you checked if the normals are front facing in the FBX? If your normals are rear facing in blender then they will come out as transparent after importing into Unigine.

Many thanks, 

Ben

Indeed, the normals were inverted and needs to be fixed. After adjusting this behavior in a third-party application it appears that everything is now correctly displayed after importing to the editor:

image.png

Hi guys,
It seems probably coming from Normals as attached picture.
Sorry, I'm really the begginers of 3D modeling and would you please assist me to any web page or with any Tips?
I'm trying to fix the normals(Taking "Flip" command) but quite strugling to fix...
Thank you!

28 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Hi guys,
It seems probably coming from Normals as attached picture.
Sorry, I'm really the begginers of 3D modeling and would you please assist me to any web page or with any Tips?
I'm trying to fix the normals(Taking "Flip" command) but quite strugling to fix...
Thank you!

The problem is not just with the surface normals but also with the scale value which is -0.001. To resolve this issue you need to first restore the original scale value and then flip the normals. Enabling the "Face Orientation" parameter in the viewport settings may also be helpful in resolving this issue. Please refer to the attached images.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] FBX texture does not shown correctly in Unigine Editor