Simple Sandworm terrain not showing correctly

photo

Hi,

I've a strange issue with a test landscape generated with Sandworm (2.16.1). The terrain is voluntarily very simple. Here is how it looks in editor:

image.png.32af00046b58809fb5ccf8da2c7d7677.png

And here it is at run-time

image.png.a5c31696a9e719209f90dc45400849a3.pngdata.zip

Attached: sandworm and terrain files.

What is going on? What did I miss?

Hi Stéphane, FYI I had a look at your sandworm project: you're trying to generate the elevation lmap with the same basemap as imagery, in this case world_topo_map. This can't work; you need to get an elevation service. As is it produces a kind of degenerated lmap for the elevation. If you want a flat terrain, use only imagery layer and delete the bad elevation layer.

Edited by romain.janil

Indeed I wanted to have a flat terrain. But the generation failed on me when I omitted the elevation altogether. I'll try again.

Strangely, even though using the imagery TMS for elevation is obviously not the better choice, it does produce something correct in the editor! It just doesn't work in the runtime... Even more strange, it works correctly if I generate a curved terrain (both in editor and in runtime).

12 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Indeed I wanted to have a flat terrain. But the generation failed on me when I omitted the elevation altogether. I'll try again.

Strangely, even though using the imagery TMS for elevation is obviously not the better choice, it does produce something correct in the editor! It just doesn't work in the runtime... Even more strange, it works correctly if I generate a curved terrain (both in editor and in runtime).

Selecting the appropriate sources for import is an essential step. You can make use of the selection available in the thread attached to the post. Each source in the thread is correctly labeled with its respective postfix, ensuring that they should not cause any problems.

To generate the terrain for your project we replaced the elevation sources with one of the links mentioned above. The result meets expectations as the terrain is accurately rendered even in the final application.

Thanks!