Increase collider of manipulation handles

photo

Not only that the handles seem to be needlessly tight, they are not very accurate to begin with as you can see below. I miss click them all the time, which is super annoying.

image.png.1d11e4190c6bd2d3955911277c8eea40.png

Honestly, I am a little surprised how this can be an issue even? To me this is one of the most fundamental things of an editor and should work flawlessly. With Unity I rarely experienced miss clicks. Now it happens every couple of minutes of heavy editor use, even after 4 weeks of using Unigine almost every day.

I don't remember adjusting the icon size. But making it smaller doesn't really help as it gets too small. Making it bigger, makes the collision detection issue even worse. I don't want to have it bigger anyway. If it would just be easier to grab and have less miss clicks, I would be happy.

If it's a known bug, it would be nice if you could post these also publicly somewhere and the status of the fix. Ideally combined with an upvote system. Of course, I understand that your resources are limited. But for me as user, this is also important, not just the shiny new features.

Also, for something (seemingly?) small like this which effects every user every time they use the editor, I would expect a quick hot fix outside of major releases. But from what I can gather here in the forum, it seems you don't do much bug fix patches. What's the reason for that?

Hm. Never had these issues after working over 10 years with the editor ;). I would even say, that the handles work really well, even in odd angles in terms of collision.

How did you experience that? Can you give a more specific example? 

Or is this the bug Silent mentioned - with changes handle size?

Werner

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Are you on the latest version? It seems to be a new bug. If you have a small handle it's not that apparent. But even with the standard sized one you can move the cursor over the arrow a pixel or two and it won't register. Ideally it should already register when you are still two or three pixels away from it or so, imho. Even better would be, if it was adjustable.

Ahh I see. tbh I have never touched the ICON size. ;)

But it seems to not respect the scaling of the arrow, when changing the Icon size. I guess thats exaclty what Silent meant.(?).

Naja. At Standard size and smaller it works well and as expected. 
I am sure that will be fixed next version.

Good that you found that. Community helps to improve!

So as the userbase is smaller than other mainstream software, sometimes bugs are only discovered if actually someone uses the feature.

Maybe not many ppl do change icon sizes ;)

I had a couple of similar bugs, which I found like that and noone before. I also was wondering, but somehow charming. 
Cheers.

Werner

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
20 hours ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

But it seems to not respect the scaling of the arrow, when changing the Icon size. I guess thats exaclty what Silent meant.(?).

Yes, but even at standard size I have frequent miss clicks. You never have them in the current version? I guess, after a longer time you get trained to wait for the yellow highlight before clicking or so. On Unity the highlighting is more subtle, but I rarely had miss clicks there. So it shouldn't even be necessary.