Albedo tiff with alpha.....

photo

Hi, I have some resources which are albeo tiffs but with alpha channel.

image.png.bacb61e19fd83b353cffb3b6bf03b5f1.png

From Earth Explorer, which seem to be the best resources I could find. (free).

The sandworm does blend these imagetry using the alpha channel?
Can this be specified somewhere without modifying all the sources to a different format?

I see that I can specify the blending mode in the landscape layer map to different modes....

Is that the place to change it, but there is no " NO Blending "

image.png.1bf0442a8e4642811af1704298b9c7ae.png

Best.

image.png.efd1fb8de1004ef6cdaa6758e2d98527.png

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hello, Werner!

Unfortunately, there is no way to setup such behavior straight from the Sandworm tool.

You can control blend settings from Editor on "LandscapeLayerMap" parameters tab, but as you previously mention there is no option to completely turn it off while using "Manual" data filling mode as we do export ".lmap" assets on 2.15 by default.

Within 2.16 we have improved this part of tool a bit and now it is exporting ".lmap" asset as "From Tileset" data filling mode which is provides us more control on "LandscapeLayerMap" object settings and also it's allows to adjust blend settings more accurately.

I guess since you're still on 2.15 there is following steps that you can do to adjust this behavior. You need to select "LandscapeLayerMap" which is contains imagery data and switch it to "From Tileset" data filling mode then press "Apply" button to confirm changes. At the same time, pressing the "Reimport" button will erase all the data, so make sure you are pressing the right one.

Now you are able to select between "Albedo with Opacity" and "Only Albedo" for albedo data. So, I assume that it will be enough for you to choose "Only Albedo" option and press "Apply" button once again to prevent using alpha channel data.

Also, we assume that trick might not work for already baked data. So, we will be waiting your feedback on the results.

image.png

May I also ask you what exactly wrong with the picture that you have uploaded? It's possible to see original image to be able compare them?

Thanks!

Hi.

Thanks for reply.

I see that option as we are using the newest SDK!

That works so far. and also produces kind of the right result. see images.

I am just digging into sandworm (again) and will do some further testing. I am not familiar with all the parameters yet...

Best. Werner

image.thumb.png.d646cf2ba6417f72c083ce7475941555.png

image.thumb.png.a5e2132c2ef272017cb564d9a3cf5064.png

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Like 1