Dynamic reflection bug

photo

Hello,
I have a strange bug with the 2.15.1 version and dynamic reflection with material and planar reflection.
I have made a small vidéo where you can see the bug with the distance that activate/unactivate the dynamic reflection.
My glazing appears with red, somtimes blue or green color and sometimes correctly, this is weird :s.

Have you got any idea ?

Hi Fabre,

It would be very nice if you would be able to reproduce this behavior in an empty (or simplified scene) and send it to us in *.upackage format.

Looks like a shader bug (at least to my understanding) and more likely can be easily fixed without an engine recompilation. But more information I can only give you after we would be able to reproduce this on our side. As an alternative if you can capture a bugged frame using a RenderDoc and send us the *.cap file - that would also help a lot.

We will also try to reproduce this on our own, but that may take a lot of additional time since each and every setting (and combination of settings) in shaders can produce different results and it's very problematic to hit the exact set of settings that produce this red glow.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I think I have another problem with the planar reflection.
When I set the state for the size like material->setState("reflection_size",1) it doesn't take into acount the spcified size.
How can I control the size by myself please ?
Thanks

Thanks for the capture. 

Turns out it's not quite informative, since we can't see the exact root cause of this red pixels, we need to trace the whole set of frames that leads to this behavior.

If you can reproduce this inside Editor, you can simply export your world and all the objects as .upackage and send it to me via PM.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

---

Just for information I can reproduce this bug on two computers.
One with a RTX3070 and another with a RTX2080S.
Sometimes that work well, somtimes the bug appear, this is really weird.
Good luck !

• Like 1

What a nice test scene, thank you!

Found one additional bug there as well (with velocity and transparent objects - at least it looks like it's not working as intended).

Need some time to do a proper investigation. As soon as I would get more information from the dev team I would surely let you know.

• Like 1

---

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Silent,
I would like to know if you have found anything in shader code to correct this bug ?
Do you know how to force the maximum size of texture for reflection ?
Thanks.

Hi Fabre,

We found the root cause with planar reflections, hope that it would be included in 2.16 hotfix release soon. Unfortunately, that's not related to the shader, the reflections CPU logic inside engine is bugged (and therefore engine recompilation from sources is required to fix it).

Do you know how to force the maximum size of texture for reflection ?

Which texture reflection do you mean?

Thanks!

---

In the previous version of the material that was possible to set a state for the "reflection_size".
I have tried to set the state for this but that appear to not working in the 2.15.1 ?
I have loose many time to migrate APCRender+ from Unigine 2.14 to 2.15.1 because of new material system.
I hope migrating to 2.16 would be more simple :-/.

2.16 migration would be quite painful for embedded Qt integrations since the overall window manager was refactored and a lot of stuff is gone now :(

As an option we can try to build a patch for 2.15.1 by the end of this week, so you would have more time for migration to 2.16.

reflection_size is still present in mesh_base, but only for transparent objects and planar reflection state enabled.

---

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Silent,

If this is possible to compil a corrected version from the 2.15.1 that would be great for my next update because I don't have the time to made the migration to 2.16 for now.
Thanks