LandscapeLayerMap - Pick Data

photo

Hello everyone,

I couldn´t find any answer to this, so I am just asking here:

Is there a way to get the Height Data from the current LandscapeLayerMap?

For example: If I have a terrain with two LandscapeLayerMaps, on which one is painted with an average height of 100m and the second one is for smaller details (hills, etc) the picked height data is always the combined one. So it will add LandscapeLayerMap1 (100m height) with LandscapeLayerMap2 (for example 5m height) which results in a height data of 105m, with which I couldn´t paint further with the same height on LandscapeLayerMap2. With this data I would only get a very huge mountain on the spot.

I hope this was understandable...

And additionally: Would it be possible to update the documentation? The shortcut for "Pick Data" was changed from Alt+LMB to C, which was at first unexpected :)

Hello!

@ShadowZelda At the moment you can pick up height data from entire object, but not from exactly map. Even so, such a feature are available from API but it is not represented in the editor yet, since previously there does not was such a request from users. I will add this one on our internal tracker as "feature request" and it might be appear in some of future SDK releases.

I guess you can cheat and at the same time have two LandscapeMap on scene where both of them will be used same ".lmap" asset. So you will be able to pick up data from separate one, but keep drawing on main object. Please see attached video.

And additionally: Would it be possible to update the documentation? The shortcut for "Pick Data" was changed from Alt+LMB to C, which was at first unexpected :)

Thanks for the feedback, we'll fix it soon. :)

50 minutes ago, ShadowZelda said:

Hi,

This would be handy. Thanks for the information and the suggested workaround, I think this will work.

Thanks! :)

Actually, there is another solution for this. This will be a bit tricky - but in the end more comfortable to use :)

You need to add another ".lmap" asset on scene which is basically will be the same as "base" one (with 100m height data as in your example) and set "core/textures/common/black.dds" texture for "Height Opacity" data within setting highest rendering order to put those map on the top of the others. Reimport are required.

Now you can pick up data from any map laying behind but all the drawings will be remains on third one. Height brush should be switched to "Alpha Blend" mode. Edges could be corrected by the smooth brush. Please, see video attached.

Thanks!