Build for iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch and Android Platforms

photo

I know Unigine is focused on the latest and greatest in graphics technology but the mobile platforms are great complements to extend game applications. I'm not going to name all the engines doing this, but it would help to compete with them. It's definitely something to think about.

well, I think one engine need to support ios must be first support macos, but, currently unigine don't have macos support.

but , but unigine support linux, it will be a easy work to port to macos.

iPhone and Android hardware level is way too far from what we are doing, so we don't plan to support them, sorry.

However, we consider web-player option. The problem is tons of browsers available, it's really challenging to make it working in all of them.

I would suggest looking at WebGL. It's still a way off from being a Mature platform. Currently there are Firefox and Chrome Betas that support it and I believe IE might be able to do something via chrome frame. The main advantage is that as of OpenGL 4.1 it looks like it has been folded into the OpenGL spec which should make a port relatively easy. As for safari I don't really see a good reason why apple won't come to the party eventually.

First time posting but I would like to start of by saying best of luck to all those core development individuals and likewise to those supporting groups! I for one am excited to have found this engine. It's not my first time being invloved with a runtime but it always feels that way in the beginning. :D

Only an opinion but having ANY web browser supported playback for a runtime would be a major plus. My only hope is that it would be developed around the browser that ultimately supports the engines featurs and that has the best potential for successful development/deployment. Having it run on a browser that has the largest market share would simply be a plus. What browser best supports stable development for this engine?

Although I would love to be of assistance with coding, my core competency is more in line with content development, runtime model/texture translation and online marketing. Of course if there is something you think I can help with please ask.

Is MacOSX support planned in near feature? As of 10.6.3 it is now Opengl 3.0 compatible and can happen that OpenGL 3.2 is expected in 10.6.5.

I've tried to compile Unigine on OsX 10.5 about a year ago, but it failed to run under darwin X11 cause of missing VBO extensions. That was strange cause I'm pretty sure that Intel GMA X3100 supports VBO and Unigine runs on it in Windows.

• 2 months later...

I work with Snow Leopard 10.6.4, I managed to compile Unigine with xcode. But the problem is the version of shader, they aren't not compatible with GLSL 1.2 (I think). But i hope with the new version of snow leopard, the problem are solved :blink: , else rewrite every shader pfffff !!!! Interessing job but a little bit difficult :( .

We make a web player for Unigine, work fine but with the quantity of navigator web for each platform and their update every month its a big work of maintenance.

It would pretty cool, if Unigine try to push the compatibility of Unigine on Mac, with the Mac Store for the next version of OSX, i think it's a great idea.

WolfViking

Ps : Sorry for my english very bad .....

It is a super good news , you have more information about the date :) , I guess that's for next year.

for what quarter 2011 ??

WolfViking

Ps : Sorry for my english very bad .....