2.15 Landscape Performance

photo

We have new Korean ECW data. (About 400Gb of 0.25m class)

And a 5m high map (about 46Gb).

It is difficult for me to directly work on detailed surfaces such as roads, sidewalks, park floors, etc., except for buildings in the citys. (The whole country)

When approaching at a general drone height, I just want to show the level of ECW. (I plan to work on only buildings and trees.)

image.thumb.png.92892a5c12478205a1a1b908f22f9fd2.png

As far as I remember, when I used ECW of about 40Gb in 2.14 version, I needed 200 gigabytes of Terrain capacity and it took several days to generate.

So, when using the new high-capacity ECW, I expect that there will be big problems in generate time, capacity, and optimization of terrain.

Can the terrain be created with these high-capacity data in version 2.15 Landscape?

dongju.jeong

Could you please elaborate on this? ECW generation time can be a bit slow, but with 2.15 there should be some improvements with Sandworm tool.

Also after generation LandscapeTerrain can be further optimized via LandscapeTerrain settings: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.15/objects/objects/terrain/landscape_terrain/settings?rlang=cs

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I have to make a complex citys almost the same. There aren't that many people. (The purpose is drone simulator)

Buildings can be supported by an institution called V World.
because of it is difficult to implement various city floors such as asphalt (+ driveways, lines), sidewalk blocks, etc, I hope just show original ECW detail in lod0.

What do you think will happen to the terrain capacity, or cache capacity problem?

Both are likely to be made in terabytes. (In particular, I think the cash capacity will be too large.)

And does the content in the link also apply to ObjTerrainGlobal?
I've changed some numbers, but nothing has changed.

Edited by dongju.jeong

Have you already tried to generate?

Sandworm cache saved on disk as LZ4 compressed images already (prior to 2.15), since 2.15 we are using our internal lossless compression method, so in some cases it may have even better compression ratios. Unfortunately, since it's hard to predict exact compressed size, we only show approximate value of cache size (it may be bigger than actual cache, but also it can be smaller), so until you try to actually generate terrain there is no way to find out exact size.

Thanks!

---

I didn't have version 2.15 so I couldn't try.

Or can I get a test version with a time limit?

Edited by dongju.jeong

No, only LandscapeTerrain is affected. ObjectTerrainGlobal performance you can control only by specifying the generation LOD settings in Sandworm tool. After you generate it you can only adjust visibility distance for LODs to increase data streaming performance.

I didn't have version 2.15 so I couldn't try.

Or can I get a test version with a time limit?

For 2.15 license access please contact your sales directly (or via general inquiry email: sales@unigine.com). But as far as I know there is not much changes in terms of ObjectTerrainGlobal usage.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

---