vfx particle optimize

photo

I need to look closely at fog or fire, but if I get close to the particle, the fps decreases a lot.

but it's okay when I look at it from a distance.

What optimization work is required when close to a particle?

image.png.4f7f2556b06379a75e97068897c41d9b.png

image.png.25dbdba3171b1e122833e9760ae97e0e.png

Edited by dongju.jeong

Next time please only export the single node, not the whole VFX add-on. You can check how to use export to package feature here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.14.1/editor2/assets_workflow/assets_migration

Regarding your use-case, you are hitting the GPU's fillrate limits due to extensive rasterization of multiple transparent particles that covers up a big portion of the screen size. To reduce the frame drop you need to reduce number of transparent particles that covers the screen.

Normally particle system for the close-up views and distant views should be differently set up to eliminate the fillrate issues.

In attachment you can find package with modified particle system for the close-up shots.

Thanks!

fire_effect_big_v2.upackage

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

When I checked, I could see that there was less smoke.

Things got better when I deactivated the smoke particle altogether.

We are also using smoke bombs, and attempting to obstruct visibility by smoke particles when approaching them.

When particles are reduced, visibility is not blurred enough in smoke.

Should I use another special trick?

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I modified the "vfx_smokes" node in vfx Edon a little bit, and even if I get close, the size fps doesn't down and the view seems to be blocked enough.

What's the difference?

Please ignore the second question.

The FPS dropped when shadows, particles, and life time were increased.

Edited by dongju.jeong

dongju.jeong

Try to make bigger particles size (to reduce the overall their amount and reduce the fillrate) with more smooth alpha at the edges. There should be an example of wildfire simulation in art samples, maybe you can use that's particles sequence in your case.

Maybe using a volumetric will be slightly faster in your case, but you will need to control it's color manually (based on the current lighting conditions). And it's also have some issues with transparent rendering and sorting.

The FPS dropped when shadows, particles, and life time were increased.

That's because number of particles that's being drawn (and re-drawn) on screen is also increased. And that will reduce fillrate -> reduce the performance and FPS. So you need to decrease lifetime when you increasing spawn rate.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: