Performance counter names

photo

Hi,

We are trying to setup an automated pipeline for measuring performance by running the same scenario nightly and measuring CPU and GPU usage to see whether our optimisations are going the right way and new features don't set us back. In the documentation of the Unigine API the following function is mentioned:

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.13/api/library/engine/class.profiler?rlang=cpp#getValue_cstr_float

I can't find an overview of which counters are provided by the engine though. Since we (still) have a full source code I managed to find some of the counters (e.g. "Render CPU: ", which for some reason includes the colon and the space), but it would be nice to have an overview. Also for future reference for when we no longer have access to the full source code and counter names might change or counters are added/removed.

Hi Bemined,

In fact, all available counters are described in the Performance Profiler article. names indeed contain spaces and a colon: "Counter_Name: " (exactly the way they're displayed in the Profiler panel)

generic_profiler.png

You can also add your own counter and refer to it by name, which you specify when calling Profiler::begin(): (see an example in the Profiler Class article)

Profiler::begin("my_counter");

Hope this helps!