Window without borders and title

photo

Hello!

How can I make an videomode where application is windowed, but has no window controls, border and title? I want have an ability to switch my app through fullscreen-windowed-"pseudo-fullscreen" videomodes, if it's possible.

Hello!

How can I make an videomode where application is windowed, but has no window controls, border and title? I want have an ability to switch my app through fullscreen-windowed-"pseudo-fullscreen" videomodes, if it's possible.

On Linux you can use window manager hints either Motif http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1904445/borderless-windows-on-linux. or Extended Window Manager Hints .. http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html

. In on some Linux desktops it is possible to configure window manager hints without programming Which I do on my dev box.

I am not familiar with windows but this could be an answer.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3540605/creating-a-window-without-caption-and-border

I would love this functionality to be built into the unigine build.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Not quite clear how it should be closed, dragged etc. then?

Not quite clear how it should be closed, dragged etc. then?

Window size is usually set to the same size as a monitor (minus toolbar perhaps) so moving is usually not necessary. (on Linux however holding down either meta or alt lets you drag the window). Closing is done from within unigine exactly as if the application were fullscreen.

The idea is to emulate the look of fullscreen but allow fast application switching and running applications on other monitors in a multiscreen setup. It will be used when developing content more so than with any shipping game and should not be the default but an option.

Such approach is bad from the performance standpoint: it will be decreased if compared to proper fullscreen or windowed modes. Currently it's not planned to be implemented due to this reason.

On Windows, speed hit associated with pseudo screen mode has to do with buffer swap behavior. Basically, when the app is in "true" fullscreen mode, it is given special treatment by the window manager.

When in full-screen mode, the Desktop Window Manager is disabled. DXGI can perform a flip to present the back buffer contents instead of doing a blit, which it would do in windowed mode.

Quoted from here. It is faster and more efficient from memory bandwidth standpoint to flip the buffers instead of copying memory around. Plus, keep in mind disabled aero desktop composition, which is unavailable for pseudo fullscreen apps.

This mode is interesting if you are working with more than one display.

My suggestion is to use Qt to achieve this.

BTW is there a trick to building the Qt Demo in sources/App directory I tried this but got no Unigine window and my uniginescript update function ran only once.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW is there a trick to building the Qt Demo in sources/App directory I tried this but got no Unigine window and my uniginescript update function ran only once.

No tricks whatsoever. The standard procedure: run qmake from source/plugins/Interface and then make. Can you please provide any additional info on how you built it?