Things i don't understand with light probes

photo

Hey,

i wanted to know, has light probes are "baked", if the player enter the space with the probe, how good will its reflection be ?

Edited by noga.youtub

Hi,

Not sure I got your question right. All probes (Environment and Voxel) are baked in the editor in off-line mode. However, environment probe has dynamic mode that sometimes helps with the reflections at the cost of performance.

I think our tutorial might help you: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.11/videotutorials/essentials/lights?rlang=cpp

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

ok, thank you

So if i understand right, probes are good for static object (walls for exemples) and ssrtgi or any other ray tracing is good for moving object ? does ssrtgi provide the same quality of result as probes ? also the reflection mode of environement probes, does it uses ray tracing, how does it works ? thank you

also i don't really understand the differences between voxel probes and environement probes. Also yeah you answered my questions, wich was "if a moving object enter the probe reflection, will its reflection be has good has the baked object reflection, or if that doesn't matter". Thank you for your quick support and really good doc !!

Edited by noga.youtub

Ok, cool. I understand.

Last thing i promise :D, are voxel/environement probe performance costly (should i include a setting in my game menu to deactivate them) ? thanks

Edited by noga.youtub
typo

They mostly affects the VRAM usage, so you need to check if they are not to heavily affects the overall VRAM consumption. Maybe in some places low-resolution probes will be enough.

We are preparing lightmapper solution right now to provide even better lightning quality and save some VRAM :) Stay tuned!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: