No autocomplete

photo

Hello

First I want to say "Hello" :)

I have two problems:

1. I started new project, created c# component, added it to the object. 

Now when I'm editing this script there is no autocomplete in the Visual Sudio Code. Shouldn't be there by default?

Like when I type 'node.' Nothing is showing up

2. Dummy question probably

How to run the world inside the editor? Without opening it in the separate window?

Thank you.

Hi Tom,

1. Code completion should work if you have installed .NET Core 2.2.x SDK. Could you please send us a log.html file from the <Your Project>/bin directory?

2. C# / C++ logic an be executed only in the separate window (that's basically happens when you hit Play button).

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi

Thanks for the quick answer.

1. Omni Core was not installed :) Now is working. Sorry for trouble.

2. it is a pity that this cannot be done inside the editor - I thought it will be similar to UE4 or Unity. It's faster this way.

Edited by tom.podziemski

Yeah, OmniSharp is required, almost forget about it.

Regarding the running in separate process - we will probably implement additional logic so you can see the interactive changes inside the editor while application is running. If it will crash Editor will stay alive :)

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yeah, it's very helpfull to be able to run the application inside the eidotr.

It's much faster and you can make changes during the gameplay to see how things work.

In almost all engines I know this is working this way, like Unity, UE4, GoDot etc.

Yours engine is really great, like a combination of power and beauty from UE4 and simplicity to use from Unity but to not be able to make changes 'on the fly' is not good ;)