New User Question C# or C++

photo

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the Community Edition, thank you Unigine for making it available !

I had the chance to test Unigine a few years ago, so I already know the  API a little, but could not afford it.... 

I am an experienced developer in Unity and Unreal and have a personal project I have been working on a few years that started in Unity and is now in Unreal....

I am fluent in C# and Unreal C++ what would be the best language to use in Unigine ?

I see C# is progressing very well also iteration times seem quicker, on the other hand I see C++ is similar to Unreal, so it looks as simplified version of C++ (I am less skilled in C++)

What would you recommend ?

Also would you suggest using Unigine Script as a substitute for Unreal Blueprints  for fast iteration of ideas, that you can then convert to C++ when it is more stable ?

thanks

Fred

Hi Fred,

I would recommend to stick with C# and component system, since it more or less beginners friendly: less crashes, easy to edit components and so on. UnigineScript can be used for some small logics (in WorldExpression nodes, for example).

C++, of course, in terms of the performance is the best choice, but it's not really beginners friendly (even with Component System).

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: