photo

Hi everyone!

Don't know in which section to post this

I'm checking out this peace of awesome software to see if we can use it in our Engineering Firm.

A function that would be very useful is to create section planes, boxes like Revit or Twinmotion (or other geometry) with the option to manually include/exclude objects.

Is there an option or workaround to do this in Unigen?

For the Bit masking funtions I can't find the "cutout intersection" when I select  a mesh object. does this function only work with the grass object or do I have to some how create a "cutout intersection" bit mask?

Thank you!

Edited by justin.exavier

Hello Justin,

Cutout intersection wouldn't help here, it usually used for grass: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.9/objects/objects/grass/settings#masking

As for the section plane, have you checked our Cross section sample? It's available in the downloadable samples.

image.png

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hey morbid,

Thanx for the quick reply.

But i can't find this example scene anywhere. I searched all folders. could you tell me where i can find it? Maybe its not available anymore, in that case can you point me to where I can find the cross section objects?

Hi Justin,

You can find this sample in SDK Browser: Demos -> Samples 2.9.x -> Crossection.

There is no specific type of objects for that, you need to configure mesh_base material in special way. Only single cutting plane is available for now, no custom shapes like sphere or box yet implemented.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: