Error installing Unigine 2011-05-31

photo

I am unable to install the latest version of Unigine from the installer UnigineSDK-source-2011-05-31.exe. When I try to run it it pops a a window titled "Setup" with the message "Unable to find Windows SDK 7.1. To correct this problem, please install Windows SDK 7.1. Setup aborted". I've found and installed the SDK and it makes no difference, plus I already have VS2010 Ultimate installed so I wouldn't have thought that extra package was necessary anyway. The previous version (UnigineSDK-source-2011-03-10.exe) will still install fine.

yeah, I know that, but UNIGINE_DIR is not a necessary environment variable for building the binary, it's might only be used with install.py, which we never used before :lol:

• 1 month later...

I wasn't able to get unigine working with the zip either. It just threw errors whenever I tried to run the unigine exe. Results were the same with the 2011-07-21 release.

However, after much digging I have finally found the source of the problem. It seems that there is a known issue with the Windows 7.1 SDK C++ Compilers if VS 2010 SP1 is installed after the SDK is installed. After following the instructions in the readme at the link below, I have been able to fix my SDK 7.1 installation and unigine (including the exe installer) is all working again.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Compiler Update for the Windows SDK 7.1