[SOLVED] Sky Background Material - How to Use?

photo

Hello Mates

I've seen a nice Sky Background in an Oil Rush Screenie:

http://unigine.com/press-releases/100901-oilrush_announce/oilrush_01.jpg

how can i do that?

i created a cubemap texture and saved it as .dds file - the editor reads it correct without any Errors

i go to Common Rendering Settings and Select that as Environment

However i have the Feeling that this is only for Reflections of reflecting Materials.

I tried to use that .dds texture directly as Sky Texture in the Sky Node, Sphere, Clouds, nothing happens, it just get drawn distorted on the center of the sky.

Any help would be appreciated :)

i go to Common Rendering Settings and Select that as Environment

However i have the Feeling that this is only for Reflections of reflecting Materials.

Here you define the environment cube-mapped texture which will be used for (spherical harmonics based) environmental ambient lighting when a material with checked option "Environmental ambient lighting" is rendered.

I tried to use that .dds texture directly as Sky Texture in the Sky Node, Sphere, Clouds, nothing happens, it just get drawn distorted on the center of the sky.

Have a look into UNIGINE documentation ObjectSky and "Tutorials\Adding Sun, Sky and Clouds" for details on different sky texture usage for 2D/3D clouds

I've seen a nice Sky Background in an Oil Rush Screenie:

I don't think that this is possible with the current ObjectSky implementation. Maybe it's an upcomming extension, that you can specify some kind of additional skydome overlay/background texture image

I don't think that this is possible with the current ObjectSky implementation. Maybe it's an upcomming extension, that you can specify some kind of additional skydome overlay/background texture image

My guess - the clouds in the background are made using a billboard (several billboards).

Well the Manual doesn't tell anything about what i'm looking for, Ulf.

It's great to set-up Masks and Textures for Sky Texturing, but that result looks very basic compared to the one on the Screenshot :)

But thanks anyway for your note!

Yes Alex, i tought about that too.. maybe, i'm sure someone of unigine can explain a bit how they did that.

and i hope it doesn't include the word Photoshop! :blink:

• Like 1

It's not an ObjectSky. Actually, that's just a big hemisphere mesh with a sky texture. It is rendered as opaque geometry during the ambient pass (all other passes should be skipped) and has an Emission box checked to make it brighter. Position of the mesh is set basing on the player position, so that it is always dragged after the camera.

post-13-008527700 1284036144_thumb.jpg