rendering profiling

photo

I'd like to ask you again about the model frame drop.

I checked model's polygon in Max.

fighter model's polygon is 90000. 

high score of Triangle All seems to be due to Triangle Shadows values.

What is the factor that excessively raises Triangle Shadows value?

image.png.5018d4e0c962d12b697803566ef8b3f7.png this is current figure. Is this a general figure?

In my project, the surface and material values of the rendering profile were different from those value of tested in the other newly default projects. (Same Model)

I want to know why different.

lastlyCompared to other figures, the value of primitives  is too large.
I think it is because I created a large landscape the size of a small country.
What factors affect the value of primitives and How can I reduce this figure?

Edited by dongju.jeong

Hi Dongju,

What is the factor that excessively raises Triangle Shadows value?

This factor is just enabled dynamic shadows (either from Point / Proj lights or from WorldLight). Each shadow cascade of WorldLight requires all the geometry to render one more time. To reduce shadow triangles you need to disable shadows / reduce shadows cascade number or use cached shadows instead.

You can find more info on shadows in our video tutorial: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.8/videotutorials/essentials/cached_shadows

In my project, the surface and material values of the rendering profile were different from those value of tested in the other newly default projects. (Same Model)

You can compare these .world files in any text editor with XML syntax and find the difference in lights settings. More likely you have different number of shadow cascades for WorldLight (or different lights count).

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: