Some question about physics

photo

Hi! 

We want to do the simulation of long cable (we use our cable's logic, rope body dramatically reduces performance) via Unigine physics, but we have notice that Unigine uses CPU for physics calculation which is not very suitable for us (because it's kill perfomance). How do we use GPU for physics? Or does engine not support physics on GPU? And will the CIGI protocol be useful in this task or not (we want to use one PC for simulation and other for visualization)?

Also, I want to ask which CPU is better for our tasks (simulation of cable + database using in Unigine (for example MySql) + network processing (send and receive IP packets)): 
1) Intel core (8th or 9th generation) or AMD Ryzen, 
2) Server’s processors, 
3) HEDT processors? 
In other worlds, what is better: frequency or cores/threads? 

Hi Artem,

There is no option to use GPU physics. You can try to integrate 3rd party solution for that (such as PhysX). CIGI will not help in that case since it's simple network interface for the simulation-host <-> IG interaction.

Engine internally can utilize all the cores that available in the current PC (multi-threading physics), but the single CPU core frequency where main thread is also important. I would recommend to use regular Intel Core i5 / i7 CPUs or Ryzen (if you already have some of them). No need in expensive Xeons or 28+ core CPUs at this time.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: