[SOLVED] Upgraded world to 2.7.2 and shadows are gone

photo

If I bring a new object into the scene, it has shadows, but all mesh clutter objects and impostor objects that were there previously are without shadows.  Is there a fix for this? 

Thanks.

Hi David,

couldn't reproduce this from the first try. I've upgraded world with a couple of clutters and impostors from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2.1. So I'd like to ask you for details:

• which light sources are used? Only LightWorld or LightOmni and Projected as well?
  • do new clutter and impostor object have shadows?
  • do shadow-related settings affect objects that had lost their shadows (shadows on\off, shadow distance in settings, shadow cascades in sun's parameters)?
  • have you tried changing impostor material settings, specifically shadow offset?
  • which GPU and API you're using?
  • can you pack us a simple scene where we can check the described issue?

Thank you!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• I currently have only LightWorld in the project.  
  • No, confirmed this with a basic spruce tree clutter and assigned textures.  However, individual nodes, like a single tree do have shadows.
  • The only option I can get to work is screen space shadows.  All other options, like on/off, distance, ect, do not work.  
  • Yes, no effect.
  • Nvidia GTX 1080ti, C++
  • Yes, I will work on trying to replicate this in a new terrain.  I will upload it when I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow).

Everything else with the world seems to be working fine.  

Morbid,

Sorry for the late reply.  I was going to create a new world and send it to you, but clearly everything is working, as you can see in the attached image.  I believe it is a problem with my current project.  I have looked at as many shadow and lighting options as I can think of, but it seems to not have an effect.  

image.thumb.png.13defe2389432ab05cdf3bb52418abe8.png

Alright...please disregard this question.  I have no idea why, or when, but for some reason, I had turned on "Shadows Culling" in the rendering options and when I upgraded to the latest version, it resulted in the disabling of all clutter shadows.  I turned it off and all the shadows are back.  

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Upgraded world to 2.7.2 and shadows are gone