Add possibility to run/test project in VR via Editor

photo

For me it would be useful to have an option to have possibility to run app/game in VR with HMD and Touch devices tracking enabled just from Editor. For the moment I have to run another instance of the project with VR plugin enabled to test it in VR after editing in Editor. Have such option in Editor it can safe a little time for it.

As i got you right, you test game logic in editor, and you dont run another instance of the project?
And what kind API do you use for it? C++/C# or Unigine Script?

• Like 1

Currently I use Editor to edit world and too see such changes in VR I start another instance of game to test it in VR. So I make changes in Editor and then when I have runned second instance of app then I reload a world to see such changes in VR (it is especially necessary to create a VR control system where you have to use your hands to operate in VR). So at the moment I run project twice once as "Edit Contetnt" and second copy as "Run" from SDK browser.

Implemented VR preview mode (like for e.g. in UE4) will give possibility to test it directly via Editor and I will not have to run another instance of the game to test it in VR (test as I mind is a iteration process of development).