[SOLVED] LandscapeTool with GeoTiff heightmaps

photo

Hi, I'm using Landscape tool to create a global terrain from heightmaps resources. My heightmap layers are GeoTiff images (5 metters of resolution).

When global terrain is made with geotiff layers it seems the terrain has a relief with rectangles like pixels. It no happens with .asc files. Is there any way to resolve this problem?

Thanks

image.png.707af766f87e43c841ea4fa700cb1cf5.png

Hello,

it could be SSAO thing. Please try disabling SSAO in Rendering -> Features. If this helps then it shouldn't be an issue. With albedo textures and configured Details layers you'll never notice these artifacts.

If not - I'd like to check the geotiff source file you're using.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Sergio,

I can't say that I've got the same result (see the picture attached). Let's check your height and normal LODs configuration?

Could you please disable all LODs except the 1st one (5m\px). Will you see these artifacts?

We actually have a bug in 2.7 that affects visibility distance. In some cases, you need to set bigger values for Visibility distance of your terrain LODs.

heights.PNG

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I was on 2.6 version. I have tried it and it seems works fine. But maybe the problem doesn't was on Landscape Tool. I made a resample of GeoTiff to reproject on other projectión and I chose "near" resampling method in place of "cubic" or "average". Maybe it was producing this artifacts.

Thank you very much for your help morbid

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] LandscapeTool with GeoTiff heightmaps