Landscape Tool

photo

Hi,

I have to create a terrain using Landscape Tool and my knowledge about this is almost null, I am starting and reading much information.

In this case I am going to use GlobalMapper and LandscapeTool and a few doubts raise me.

Which type of files do you recomend me to uses for Elevation, Imagery, LandCover, Vector and Procedural?

Do you know any tutorial or video to learn about this?

It is not neccesary to simulate the buildings, just it would be create the coast line and extract the lighthouse and buoy from the GlobalMapper

Thank you for advance

Hello,

for now, Landscape is well-documented feature and we have plans for a series of video-tutorials about terrain generation.

Essentially it is better to start from documentation (please, pay attention to paragraphs inside "Landscape Tool" article): https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.6.1/editor2/landscape_tool/

Which type of files do you recomend me to uses for Elevation, Imagery, LandCover, Vector and Procedural?

Well, Elevation is one channel raster file, Imagery is a general texture for your terrain and Landcover is also a raster file (could be indexed or simply multichannel). There are no recommendations because you can use a lot of file types. Usually, these are geo-referenced tiff, jp2 etc.

Speaking of Vector - you'll need it for distributing objects around your terrain. So you can use .shp file with required data exported from GlobalMapper or QGis. If you only need to put a lighthouse a single point in vector file would be enough.

Procedural stands for Houdini assets. You can use Houdini Digital Assets in your landscape projects, but this feature requires some additional skills in Houdini FX.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: