WidgetEditText::setText after using a dialog file

photo

I have found a really weird problem: when I use a dialog widget to select a file and after that I try to call setText() for a widget (tested with WidgetEditText and WidgetButton) I get an error:

ExternClass::run_function(): object is NULL
Stack dump:
0x0000: string: "Switch"

"Switch" is the string I passed to setText(). Any idea about whats happening here?

ExternClass::run_function(): object is NULL

I would guess that some object variable in your code is not initialized. You should post at least your function code including an indication where the exception is raised..

I would guess that some object variable in your code is not initialized. You should post at least your function code including an indication where the exception is raised..

Here is a simple code:

DialogFile::init();
DialogFile::show("Choose dialog file", fileName,"*.xml");
btNew.setText("Switch");

The file selection dialog works fine, and the button exists, fo course, Im just changing its text.

How is btNew object variable initialized ? Fisrt of all include following test code to verify btNew initialization.

if( btNew != 0 )
{
   btNew.setText("Switch");
}
else
{
   log.error("btNew is null");
}

I used the widget demo as base:

class Window {

Gui gui;				// gui
UserInterface ui;

WidgetButton btNew;	    // New dialog

Window() {

gui = engine.getGui();
btNew = new WidgetButton(gui,"New");
       gui.addChild(btNew,GUI_ALIGN_OVERLAP);
}

Also added your code and made a test, it reports that btNew is null.

Also added your code and made a test, it reports that btNew is null.

check if Window() constructor gets called by adding some log messages. In the sample this is done via

/*
*/
void create_scene() {

Window window = new Window();
window = window;

return "Toggle button";
}

Everything works fine, as long as I dont display a DialogFile before. I remove it and the widgets are accessed normally (as I said, I tested with several widgets, which are already created and are perfectly visible).

Everything works fine, as long as I dont display a DialogFile before. I remove it and the widgets are accessed normally (as I said, I tested with several widgets, which are already created and are perfectly visible).

Post a small test-case .cpp/.world for problem reproduction

A little detail:

npcLine.setText("Loading"); <-- This works
	npcLine.setText("testtt"); <-- This no works

Seems that DialogFile is invalidating all my previously created widgets. Also tried calling dialogFile::shutdown after show(), but didnt solved the problem.