Render settings sharing

photo

Is there any way how to share render settings between worlds in editor? Each time there is some change (manual tuning, system change, etc...), I have to manualy edit this in every .world (xml copy paste edit, or load and save render settings in editor). This is going now to dozens and in future to hundreds of edits. My idea is, that I have for example several types of render settings (interior, exterior...) and somehow "include" this in world file. And similar to material I can set, if such setting file is read only, or writable.

Edited by demostenes

Hi, demostenes!

You can save current render settings to a file (Render Settings window -> "Save" button in the bottom right corner).
Then, in the init() function of your world scripts (UnigineScript), call engine.render.loadSettings("your_render_settings_file.render_settings");
This function will load and apply all changes from that file.
The world scripts works both in the editor and in the application.

Best regards,
Alexander

Thanks, this sounds promising. And what will happen after saving such world? It will be saved into external render settings file (this would be exactly what we need) or into render settings of .world file?

Edited by demostenes