Omni light in frustum affects shadows in alfa blended material

photo

Omni light in frustum affects shadows in alfa blended material. Reproduced in esq project, latest commit, open esqworld/test.world, jump on candle node.

err2.jpg

Edited by demostenes

Ah, you have to try change set number 9. from 18.9, since that we did many changes and I also turned off this alfa blended material (to fix this issue, there were also other artefacts like displaying shadow of item which is not there, etc...). Sorry for confusion, next time I should tell number of change set, instead of latest :)

Edited by demostenes

Hi Jirka,

It's very strange issue and it have not a stable reproduction. I'm currently was able to reproduce it only by editing candle NodeReference couple of times. If i load world in Editor - it always rendering fine, after couple of NodeReference edits it become broken and only world reloading helps.

Since this lights setup is very rare and the issue itself is not very critical we will postpone this behavior investigation for now.

You can fix this by content, I guess. These dust piles can be a part of the cave walls mesh (and Alpha Blend is not really required here). Or you can bake AO to the stone walls and disable SSAO on wall surfaces, it will give you the same look, but with no Alpha Blend usage.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ok, thanks. This is not big issue, I just wanted to report this behaviour. There was also one other issue, this alfa blended surface was displaying shadow of object, which was casting shadow on different object. But this is something I am not able to reproduce and I ve turned off these alfa blended surfaces to get rid of these small issues.