Terrain Mask Import

photo

Hi Unigine,

I have 8 textures/materials and 2 Mask texture files in RGBA format for detail materials for the terrain so two surfaces, how do you import the second mask layer for the materials 4-7?

Also, how do you move materials up and down to change channel assignment?

Thanks..

Hi Unigine,

I have 8 textures/materials and 2 Mask texture files in RGBA format for detail materials for the terrain, how do you import the second mask layer for the materials 4-7?

Thanks..

There is only support for 1 mask indexing maximum of 4 materials per surface. Also see this post

Shame this is a real limitation to the new terrain system :(

You could do your customized per-surface terrain data setup with material and mask data assignment via UNIGINE script (as UNIGINE editor itself does, have a look into core/editor/editor_objects_terrain.h I guess).

For each terrain surface you could analyse your 2 material mask images and find the 4 most used materials for this surface, assign the 4 materials to the surface and map your original mask channel indices to these new ones and update surface mask texture accordingly.

Not elegant, but possible.

• Like 1

You could do your customized per-surface terrain data setup with material and mask data assignment via UNIGINE script (as UNIGINE editor itself does, have a look into core/editor/editor_objects_terrain.h I guess).

For each terrain surface you could analyse your 2 material mask images and find the 4 most used materials for this surface, assign the 4 materials to the surface and map your original mask channel indices to these new ones and update surface mask texture accordingly.

Not elegant, but possible.

Thanks for the tip, I will let my developer know. Would be nice to see Unigine support this update

Thanks for the tip, I will let my developer know. Would be nice to see Unigine support this update

Now we run into the texture rotation issues with our terrain (Sigh) which is discussed in the forums, Unigine are you going to fix this to allow textures/material to be rotated?

This is really something that is required in the terrain material transform tab..