Weird discoloration with some particles, only at certain angles with 2.5 update

photo

Ever since the new update, have been experiencing some weird artifacting and discoloration, but only with certain angles of the sun + distance from the object. I have included a video to explain.

I have attached the video file, but also have uploaded it to a webm streaming site in case you have trouble opening the format. 

https://my.mixtape.moe/spysdp.webm

I ve noticed, that this is happening for all particles. From some angle not visible at all, from some angle it changes color. It happens in any scene with light source. I ve added simple candle. From some angle fire is visible, from some not and it even changes color.

test.zip

post-714-0-15019900-1496534718_thumb.jpg

Hi,

It seems, that you've got two separate problems with particles.

Waterfall problem may be connected with world light disabling. Try to set Disable angle parameter of the LightWorld node to 360, as a workaround. This issue is added to our internal bug tracker.

As for candle problem, I'm afraid, it connected with changes in particles material states. Please, check middle_fire particles in the post_sensors sample in Samples demo to configure emission and lighting in particle material.(samples_2/post_sensors/post_sensors)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you still get any problems with particle lighting or coloring, a simple test scene with lights and particles will allow us to give more specific advices.

Thanks!