Creating terrain with different precision region overlying

photo

Hi Unigine

I am new to Unigine and now in the studying stage..

Recently i am trying to create a huge terrain with different precision regions overlying based on real geospatial data using your Landscape plugin. Unfortunately, i ran into a problem that i have no idea how to generate different precision terrain tiles and how to merge them together. Now i have 4 precision diffuse texture images with 30m precision (4*4 tiles 8192*8192) covering 600km * 600km, 15m (4*4 tiles 8192*8192) covering 400km*400km, 5m (2*2 tiles 8192*8192) covering 60km*60km, 0.6m (4*4 tiles 8192*8192) covering 12km*12km and 1 precision height dem image for the whole terrain. 

And according to some related posts in the forum, i have tried these ways..

1) Terrain Decals. But heavy works are required and maybe this is not the correct way considering the performance..

2) Several landscape generated by Landscape plugin with each one for one precision, but how to overly all the landscapes..

3) Maybe layers with some masks can be the way to solve this?..Just like some rocks, sands and so on.. But is this feasible and how?

Would you please tell us how to deal with this problem? Thanks for all your replies! 

Hi Wang,

If you have geo-specific data (for example, GeoTiff that have geo-reference tags) you can use new Landscape tool to generate terrain with insets: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.4.1/editor/landscape_tool/

With old Landscape plugin it's not possible, I'm afraid.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: