Terrain Question

photo

Hi Unigine,

With terrain how can I reduce the brush size smaller than 1.00 with a terrain step size of 1.00?

If I create the terrain with a step of 0.1 we have the detail required when painting the terrain but the brush is not visible (maybe bug?)

Need some help as we require the ability to brush in intricate detail over level maps for footpath grime etc?

One more thing I might have missed somewhere, how do we enable model snap to terrain when adding assets?

Thanks again

FYI, terrain 0.5 step and brush 1.00 brush is very jumpy and stutters cannot paint smooth, frames over 800 so shouldn’t be an issue.

To repeat issue create a blank terrain diffuse map size 4096 from the Unigine editor then attempt to paint colour onto blank terrain, brush will stutter which makes painting impossible.

To import a terrain correctly I need the step of 1.00 so can I please request brush size for painting in terrain be allowed to go down to 0.1 instead of the current minimum which is 1.0?

data/core/editor/editor_terrain.ui at 57 line:

<hslider align="expand" width="96" min="1000" max="25000">

change to:

<hslider align="expand" width="96" min="100" max="25000">

data/core/editor/editor_terrain.ui at 57 line:

<hslider align="expand" width="96" min="1000" max="25000">

change to:

<hslider align="expand" width="96" min="100" max="25000">

Thanks, any guidance with model snap to terrain?

There is another way how to create vertex-based brush: set brush power to zero.

There is no automatically heights readjust tool for terrain objects.

You can use "place manually" node button for single objects (don't forget about right mouse button and mouse wheel).

WorldClutter/WorldCluster can perform automatic objects placement based on density map and terrain height.

Thanks for the tip, would be nice to see added to the editor for fast model placement. Also, note the jumpy brush bug above if you create/build a diffuse map for terrain from editor.