How to select ObjectBillboards?

photo

ObjectBillboards can not be selected by functions like World::getIntersection, World::getCollision.

These functions always returns a null pointer.

In editor, i can select ObjectBillboards by dragging a box which completely surround the object. But I want to select this object by single click(not select by box).

how to do that?

Code in select.cpp demonstrate the problem.

select.cpp

Hi Liu,

Well, it's not so obvious how to find the intersection with a billboard which is always oriented against the camera.

That's why it's currently not implemented at all.

We've thought about possible implementation and the best idea yet is to find the intersection with the billboard bound sphere instead.

• 9 months later...
On 27.02.2017 at 9:10 AM, ded said:

We've thought about possible implementation and the best idea yet is to find the intersection with the billboard bound sphere instead.

Sorry for pushing so old issue, but have you made implementation of intersection with the billboard or still not?

Hi Artem,

Unfortunately, there is no intersection yet available for some objects that are mostly "exist" on GPU (such as Grass, Decals, Billboards). We considering to add some kind of GPU intersection for this objects, but I can't give you any ETA for this, sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: