can I get ID3D11Buffer* from ObjectMeshDynamic?

photo

1> There is a method "getD3D11Texture()" in Unigine::Texture , and we are able to get ID3D11Texture2D* then access the GPU 

Memory directly.But I can't find a similar method in Unigine::ObjectMeshDynamic to let me get ID3D11Buffer*. if it's 

available, then will be handier.

2> I added a billboard into a complex scene, which includes some objects and lights. I want the texture of the billboard 

looked just like the original image, which wouldn't be interfered by the lights in the enviroment. How can I reach this 

effect? 

Thanks

David

lin.xianming

Regarding material that will not be affected by scene lightning - it can be done following way:

1. Enable Emission state for the billboards material;
  2. Assing whiite albedo texture to the Emission slot;
  3. Set the Albedo / Diffuse color multiplier in Parameters to black;
  4. Set the Specular value to 0;
  5. Set the Gloss value to 0.
  6. Set the Microfiber value to 1;
  7. Change emission color to desired.

Or you can just assign colored texture to the emission slot and use white emission color in parameteres.

About the first question - I'm afraid there is no such feature currently available, sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Regarding material that will not be affected by scene lightning - it can be done following way:

1. Enable Emission state for the billboards material;
  2. Assing whiite albedo texture to the Emission slot;
  3. Set the Albedo / Diffuse color multiplier in Parameters to black;
  4. Set the Specular value to 0;
  5. Set the Gloss value to 0.
  6. Set the Microfiber value to 1;
  7. Change emission color to desired.

Or you can just assign colored texture to the emission slot and use white emission color in parameteres.

It seems a bit sophisticated. could you please give me some demo codes to illustrate the routine?

Thanks in advance.

The steps that you mentioned above meant some opperations in UnigineEditor instead of C++ Codes, didn't you?

In order to achieve the goal, Do I need to write some shaders to cooperate with that material?

Thanks!

lin.xianming,

You can create inherit from billboards_base material via C++ and modify any material parameter on fly via C++ API as well. You can check inside editor if result that you get is exact the same that you want. If so you can implement C++ logic.

See Material: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.4/api/library/rendering/class.material (for single material edit) and Materials (for material libraries): https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.4/api/library/rendering/class.materials

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: