Nodes were Added to Editor Automatically and Unexpectedly

photo

We had developed an editor plugin, in which we performed I/O operations on special nodes to satisfy our demands(we need to get full control of loading and saving for certain nodes). We don’t wish these nodes to be saved in .world file through command like world_save. 

But once these nodes serves as child of a NodeLayer or within a reference node, it will save to .world file even if we had not add them to the editor explicitly.

Is that normal behavior of the editor?

And How can we do to gain full I/O access of certain nodes in editor?

liu.yan,

For your use case I think you can use addEditor(node, is_runtime) method with second argument set to 1. In that case nodes should not be saved into the world file since they have runtime flag set to 1. You can check addToEditor / removeFromEditor methods in <SDK>/data/core/scripts/samples.h for examples.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

That’s not working, nodes that added to the editor with the option “is_runtime = 1” still saved into the .world file. While resources which these nodes depend on are not saving, so next time when program runs, it will collapse.
Yes, that’s fundamentally right. 

But why node added to NodeLayer will be saved, while putting it on the top hierarchy of the node tree would not.  Are there any difference? 

The video file “miao.avi” that demonstrate the operation was attached below, you can watch it.

miao.avi

Our purpose is to gain fully control of the node’s I/O in the editor.

This is essential for us, since we had an internal graphics protocol which are widely used in our products.

And now, we are integrating this protocol with Unigine, so the low level data can be transferred seamlessly across our products.