landscape normal generation size

photo

hi! - when creating normals with landscape-plugin ,.. generated refined normals are always 256px/surface ,imported albedo creates correctly 1k tex, but generated normal only 256 - did i miss something or is there a bug?

kind regards

Phil

Hi,

In general, resolution of refined texture depends from source texture resolution and number of terrain chunks, for example: if you use 1024x1024-texture and 512x512 terrain with 4 chunks, refined resolution for albedo and normal texture will be 512x512.

Please specify what resolution of the source texture did you use for albedo and normal. They are the same size?

Hi!

my source-height and albedo have size of 32 k - so i divided in 4x4 source-textures each 8k

with a terrain-size of 2048, i'm getting 8x8 chunks/terrain - so if each of them refined-chunk textures were 1k - i had full res. , right?
so terrain size - 2048 - 4x4 - albedo normal and mask/terrain are set to 8192, - coarse -1024

now when i import albedo - unigine creates 8x8 1k refined albedo-textures which sums up nicely to 32k (8k/terrain).
next step in common tab i hit Normal - unigine creates 8x8 256px only normal-textures - which means per terrain only 2048 instead of 8k, like i would expect it to be for getting full 32k res.

when i import normal, like albedo - unigine creates correct size of 1k refined textures, but when using Normal in common Tab - 256px 

i'd like to avoid generating normal for terrain in external tool tho 

kind regards

Phil

• 1 month later...