Duplicating node causes deletion of node

photo

If you have bigger number of nodes in the scene (1000+), during typical work (adding/duplicating/rotating/deleting nodes) when you duplicate node (ctr+d), it sometimes deletes the node instead of duplicating it. Bigger number of nodes you have, more often it happens. We are currently on the latest version of Unigine, but it was happening even before.

Hi,

I want to clarify the problem a little.

It is triggered mainly by the delete operation. So, you decide to remove few nodes and when you want to remove the 5th one and hit the delete then it remains in the world, so you hit the delete again and everything seems to be pretty fine. BUT the real problem starts when you do some other operation, like duplication of another object or save of node layer. When you do that, then the new node(duplicated) or the selected node layer disappear completely from the world.

I've also seen this problem in the really small world. The small here means max of tens of objects. What was the same is the operation - delete. Workflow was: adding of new nodes and removing of these that are not needed anymore. One thing that needs to be said is that the small world was loaded after the big one.

It look like the unsuccessful delete operation is queued somewhere.

R.

hello Radek and Jirka
I created a world with 1500-2000 node-layers (every node-layer contains  ObjectMeshStatic inside):
* i deleted alot of node-layers
* i cloned node-layers
and the problem what you described can not be reproduced
what i doing wrong?

You used alot of nodelayer assembly with a ObjectMeshStatic inside and you want to clone this node-layers? or you want to clone meshes in node-layer?
Your node-files are in data-folder of project or outside it?
If you give us a problematic test-project, it will accelerate the process of reproduction
If the data is too large, then only send world-file (it can be viewed as a xml-file and get some info)

Thanks

Hi,

one video is better than thousand words: https://youtu.be/uUHt6Tzt1dI

Whole session has 20min in real time. I've speeded up the video a bit and you can skip to the 5:00 where the problem occurs. At the start of video you can see that I'm disabling the WorldLayer, enabling a NodeLayer and start with edits. All the work is about replacing old models with the new one and applying the basic transformations. At the end of video, where everything disapear, it's a save operation of a NodeLayer and that one completely disapear from the world(until I undo that).

Hope it helps you to understand what is happening.

Hello Radek

Thanks for your video

We see that there is a problem, but unfortunately we cannot reproduce it
Please answer a few questions:
1. What is the structure of nodereference file: you use nodref inside nodref? You can show one of them? What object is finally used: MeshStatic, MeshDynamic or maybe something else? Or types of objects are mixed? How many surfaces in the meshes?
2. You are using multiple paths (it can be seen in file-dialogs) and where they link to other / network drive?
3. Do you use a specific system of the content updates (assets store) - svn, git or something else?
4. What hardware you use: ssd or standard hdd? how much RAM?

5. Any errors in log-file?

Hello Radek

Thanks for your video

We see that there is a problem, but unfortunately we cannot reproduce it

Please answer a few questions:

1. What is the structure of nodereference file: you use nodref inside nodref? You can show one of them? What object is finally used: MeshStatic, MeshDynamic or maybe something else? Or types of objects are mixed? How many surfaces in the meshes?

2. You are using multiple paths (it can be seen in file-dialogs) and where they link to other / network drive?

3. Do you use a specific system of the content updates (assets store) - svn, git or something else?

4. What hardware you use: ssd or standard hdd? how much RAM?

5. Any errors in log-file?

It happens also to me, so I can answer too:

1) In this case inside noderef is only static mesh (disappearing stones, but it does not matter, anything you clone disappears from time to time). There is not even one mesh dynamic in the scene. Actually 99,9% percent of our noderefs contain single mesh static and this worldbuilding is always using these simple nodes. We have some exceptions, but such assets are not used in this bug video. Number of surfaces varies, but in most cases it is something between 2 and 9. I attached example of typical node.

2) all assets are in data/asset_library/some_directory_name inside project on local drive. 

3) we are using Plastic SCM 

4) In my case I have SSD + 16GB of RAM, but it happens no matter of what configuration.

5) I am not sure, I have to check. 

Rock_group_07.node

Hello,

file/dir locations and all that stuff is same for all members of our team and Jirka already answered those questions

4) I have the project placed on SSHD and I have 16GB RAM(plenty of RAM is free during the work in editor)

5) Nothing. I'm using the debug mode since that problem happened first time and it's several months.

We've been looking for some pattern before we posted it here but it's quite random. I want to test one type of workflow and it's woking in world coordinates only. I think that it starts to happen when you are switching to local coordinates and back to world coordinates during the work but I'm not 100% sure(just a feeling) and maybe it's wrong way.

If you have some idea/tip where to look or how to make debug to be more "chatty" I'm one big ear and I will try to test it again on our side.

R.

EDIT: Idea around the changing of world/local coordinates for transform operations which may invoke that problem has been successfully eliminated.