Framerate drop after some time

photo

Recently I ve noticed, that after some time framerate is lower and lower. It usually takes some time of moving above terrain (cities, villages, etc...), but after 10-30 minutes framerate is dropping significantly and it is lower and lower (instead of 40 fps 10 for example). After restart of engine everything is OK. So far I have no clue why and It is very hard to replicate, because it takes lots of time. I am quite sure, that this wasnt happening some time ago. My guess is, that engine is working over cca 20GBs of textures and meshes which loads and unloads according to need, so streaming is heavily utilized. Maybe video memory is not cleaned properly and engine has less and less space for textures.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply.

We're still investigating your problem and I'm afraid we need some additional information:

- Is it possible to get the video of the framerate drop problem with profiler enabled (show_profiler 2)?

- Is there any performance improvement if camera is stand still for a some time?

Thanks!

Hi, 

Sorry for the late reply.

We're still investigating your problem and I'm afraid we need some additional information:
 - Is it possible to get the video of the framerate drop problem with profiler enabled (show_profiler 2)?
 - Is there any performance improvement if camera is stand still for a some time?

Thanks!

I will try to replicate and focus on this.

Here is screen from profiler before restart (I ve waited cca 30 seconds without any movement, but it didnt increased framerate) and after restart (when framerate stabilized). Camera position is absolutelly same. Difference in FPS is huge.

post-714-0-97362600-1480018033_thumb.png

Hi,

I'm afraid we still can't reproduce such behavior, so some additional information would be very helpful:

- Does this problem reproduced on your GTX 470 only or appears on the other  graphics cards?

- Does this issue appear without editor?

Also, test scene with step by step instruction would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm afraid we still can't reproduce such behavior, so some additional information would be very helpful:

- Does this problem reproduced on your GTX 470 only or appears on the other  graphics cards?
 - Does this issue appear without editor?

Also, test scene with step by step instruction would be very helpful.

Thanks!

I have feedback from team members, that it is also happening on GTX 1070. I havent tried without editor. I guess that without editor when moving 100-1000x slower and not covering whole continent reproduction would be even more problematic. There is no step by step instruction, it just happens after some time. Always in heavy scenes.

Hi,

Is it possible to get a minimal test scene or the full project?

Thanks!

I will try to limit project to some scene, where this is happening. But it will take some time, reproducing this problem is extremely time consuming