[SOLVED] Launching from Browser no longer works

photo

Hi,

On Friday I updated to the 1.7.4 Browser and the 2.3 SDK.  Launching demos and projects from the browser no longer works.  I can build projects in Visual Studio and run them from there, but from the browser is a no go.  It simply brings up a black window for less than 1 second and then disappears.  I can see there is some sort of error text in the black window, but it disappears so quickly that I can't see what it is.  I thought I'd see what the text was by launching from command line, but it works there as well.  The only place it doesn't work from is the browser.

Thanks

Hi Joseph,

If your projects are C++ / C# based - you need to manually rebuild all configurations from the Visual Studio (basically, it's Release and Debug). If you created x86/x64 application - you need to rebuild also x86/x64 configurations. By default browser is trying to run release executable (you can enable debug executable launch in option ([...] button).

This happens because of the upgrade procedure: it doesn't invoke visual studio compiler to rebuild your applications (that I assume was built for 2.2.1 version) and they are simply not compatible with new Unigine library from 2.3.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

launching_bug.mp4

Well, no.  What I mean is that I built a brand new 2.3 project and it won't run.  I CAN run that new 2.3 project from either Visual Studio or from the command line, but the browser won't launch it.

Also, NONE of the demos or sample apps that shipped with 2.3 will run from my browser.

Here's a video I made of the problem so you can see it in action.

Or I also attached it if you'd rather see it that way.

Since recording the video, I was able to pause and finally read the error message.  "'MySQL' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

And in case you're wondering, I do have MySQL on my PATH already.  But does unigine use MySQL?  Is this a new requirement?

MySQL folders in my path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Fabric 1.5 & MySQL Utilities 1.5\
C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Fabric 1.5 & MySQL Utilities 1.5\Doctrine extensions for PHP\
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Bin\

Hi Joseph

The root of problem is symbol "&" in your PATH environment variable

I just add to my PATH string: C:/m & m;   (with reboot OS) and i get next error message:  ''m' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

It's a bug and it will be fixed in next release of sdk browser

You can use next solutions:

1. Reinstall MySQL Fabric 1.5 & MySQL Utilities 1.5 software to another folder (without "&" symbol in the path). I checked software MySQL Fabric 1.5.6 and by default it was installed to folder without any "&" symbols

2. Also, you can manually add ^ symbol before each & symbol in the PATH variable (with reboot OS of course). More info you can find here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batch_file#Escaped_characters_in_strings

your PATH will be next, for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Fabric 1.5 ^& MySQL Utilities 1.5\
C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Fabric 1.5 ^& MySQL Utilities 1.5\Doctrine extensions for PHP\

But please remember, it's a not so good solution and correct work of MySQL Fabric does not garanteed (but sdk browser will works correctly)

btw you can see your actual PATH with next steps:
run cmd.exe
type echo %PATH% and press enter

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Putting in the ^& leads to a new problem.  The apps now launch but freeze and then changes such as mouse movement get captured on the screen.  It's hard to describe, so I'll put in a new video.